World Service Foundation
WHO ARE WE ?
The DCI World Service Foundation (DCI-WS) was established by the DCI International Movement in 2016 to strengthen its work and guide the implementation of the Movement’s Strategic Framework by supporting the development of projects, mainly by providing technical expertise and conceptual advice to DCI’s National Sections and Regional Desks.
DCI-WS is responsible for ensuring a systematic approach in the Movements’ relations with donors, public and private partners, who would like to actively contribute to the growing impact of DCI’s activities around the globe.
The DCI-WS is strategically located in Brussels, Belgium to connect the Movement with EU and international partners and access related project opportunities within that fora.
The Foundation, a legal entity under Belgian law, is supported and directed by its Board consisting of four members (from DCI Belgium, DCI Netherlands and the International Secretariat in Geneva, as well as the DCI President and the four Vice-Presidents of the International Executive Council elected by the DCI International General Assembly (IGA).
The International Executive Committee (IEC) is composed of:
- President: Abdul Manaff Kemokai
- Treasurer: Mirjam Blaak
- Secretary: Benoit Van Keirsbilck
- Member: Alexandre Kamarotos
WHAT IS OUR ROLE WITHIN THE DCI MOVEMENT?
Our purpose is to contribute to the implementation of the strategic plan of the Movement and ensure a more global and coherent action for DCI worldwide thanks to:
- Capacity Building: the Foundation support national sections in their capacity to develop projects, mainly by providing technical expertise and conceptual advice to the National Sections and the Regional Desks.
- Fundraising: We ensure a systematic, coherent and efficient approach in the Movements’ relations with donors, public and private partners
IN PRACTICE, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- Constant monitoring of new opportunities
- Donor identification
- Information sharing on funding opportunities
- Capacity building
- Development of methodological tools
- Revision of project proposals & suggestions for improvement (and other support linked to the application process)
- Visibility of the Movement/the Foundation in BrusselNetworking and attendance to European or international events
Access the World Service Foundation brochure here
Access the World Service Foundation statutes here