DEFENCE FOR CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL (DCI) is a leading child rights-focused and membership-based grassroots movement founded in 1979 working in the fields of justice for children, children and armed conflict, children on the move and violence against children. Our mandate is to ensure effective implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) at the local, national, and international levels. At the regional, national, and local level, DCI is active through its national sections and associate members in 38 countries around the world.
Defence for Children International is, therefore, seeking the support of a Modern Standard Arabic speaking translator to assist with translating and/or proofreading marketing materials, inter-office communication, reports, and newsletters for an internal and external audience from English or French into Arabic.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Native or Fluent Arabic speaker
- Fluency in either English or French
- Previous experience in translating/proofreading/writing texts in the human rights/child rights field
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- We will provide clear instructions for each translation task and the volunteer coordinator shall be available on email to resolve any issues.
- If you are a new language learner with professional proficiency this is another opportunity to further your learning as you can set your own pace, as long as we as a team meet the delivery deadlines!
- Translation and proofreading may be done from anywhere in the world and on your schedule, with varying levels of time commitment.
- We will provide you with a Certificate of Appreciation (after 3 completed translations) and a reference letter (upon request) for your time and services, which you may use towards your community service hours or future translation positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1. Complete this online form.
Step 2 Send your curriculum vitae in English to email@example.com (with the subject line “Application – DCI Arabic Volunteer Translator”).
Please note that this position is non-remunerated