Solea, a young activist from the She Leads programme delivered a joint NGO statement on 27th June 2022, for Panel 2: Human rights-based and gender-responsive care and support systems in the 50th Session of the Human Rights Council.
In the statement, states and other stakeholders are urged to:
- Compensate girls and young women for their contributions.
- Count unpaid care work in statistics.
- Acknowledge unpaid care work is at the heart of gender inequalities and its place in the economy.
- Consider unpaid care work when making policy decisions.
- Dismantle patriarchal norms and provide the time and resources for men and women to share household tasks.
- The future is better with girls and young women at every table where decisions are being made.
Read full statement here.
To access the video statement please click here.