- Job Title: Communications & Development Intern (reports to the Outreach and Development Officer)
- Position type: 40 hours/week (100%)
- Duration: 6 months (starting date May 2022)
- Location: DCI International Secretariat based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Internship allowance (600 CHF)
Roles & responsibilities:
The intern will be carrying out the following main activities, among others:
- Support the internal and external communication through drafting concise texts and translating texts and documents as necessary
- Support the production of DCI communication materials: E-member news, external newsletters, leaflets, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Updating the organization’s websites and social media as necessary
- Support the production of the Annual Report
- Support the development and management of DCI’s SharePoint platform
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on project activities
- Conduct background research on specific issues
- Liaise with DCI National Sections, particularly in the context of DCI’s communication activities
- Assist the DCI International Secretariat in all communications, fundraising and outreach activities.
The International Secretariat is particularly working on the following priority themes of the Strategic Framework:
- Justice for Children
- Violence against Children
- Children on the Move
- Children and Armed Conflict
- Child Participation
- Deprivation of liberty
Qualifications & Education requirements
Enrolled for the duration of the internship in a University degree in communications / journalism, or international relations, human/child rights, or related field, with strong communications and fundraising skills.
- Good communication skills, especially written drafting and editing;
- Good knowledge of website management and related software (WordPress).
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques for civil society (events organization, crowd funding, approaching the private sector, dealing with donors …)
- A good understanding of the functioning of the United Nations human rights mechanisms
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English as well as very good skills in French and/or Spanish; other DCI languages and translation experience welcome (Arabic would be an asset)
- Fully computer literate; skilled and confident user of Microsoft 365; knowledge of SharePoint will be a distinct advantage
- Intercultural and interpersonal sensitivity and ability to represent DCI professionally in international fora
- Proactive and can-do attitude, readiness to help other team members as necessary
- Insight into the internal and external working of a global grassroots Movement
- Insight into the United Nations’ human rights mechanisms and how NGOs can influence international policies
- Insight into the work of National Sections’ in 38 countries across the globe
- International working environment and being part of a small but dynamic team: your motivation decides the role and responsibilities assigned to you
- Links to other key child rights organizations working in Geneva.
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications are invited to e-mail their curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages) and an application letter(max. 1 page, indicating your preferred starting date) in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line “Application Internship: Communications”). Only complete applications will be considered. Recruitment will be on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
DCI is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, or ethnicity.