- Contact person: Mrs. Teddy NIGHTS
- Director: Innocent GARAKUMBE
- Address: ACFODE House, Plot 623/624 Bukoto, PO Box 12137, Kampala, Uganda
- Phone 1: (+256) 0414 533811
- Fax: (+256 41) 289 083
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fields of Intervention:
DCI-Uganda was created in Uganda in order to promote and defend children’s rights. Therefore, several actions are undertaken in the following priority issues:
- Juvenile Justice
- Education, information and training on children’s rights
Current Activities and Projects/Programmes:
In recent years, DCI-Uganda has carried out inter alia the following projects:
- Socio-Legal Defence Center Project
DCI-Uganda provided over 500 juveniles with free legal advice and representation, psychosocial support, and reintegration. The communities benefited from outreach programmes, which empowered them on matters of children’s rights, juvenile delinquency prevention, and child protection through radio programmes, seminars, and dialogues, as well as simplified IEC materials published and distributed in local languages. The project also aims at building capacities of 300 key actors to promote juvenile justice standards.
- Vocational Education & Life Skills (VELS)
DCI-Uganda, thanks to Cordaid’s funding, launched a two-year intervention supporting 200 former juvenile offenders with practical vocational skills in different trades. Thereby, children were empowered to better manage their livelihoods and together with the Socio Legal Defence Centres, their timely access to justice was increased, which helped promote and protect their rights.
- Community Awareness Sessions on Child-Friendly Justice Principals
- Training of Professional on Case Management, Psycho-Social Care, & Child-Friendly & Restorative Justice.
- DCI-Uganda was able to successfully train 161 police officers, lawyers, state employees and local leaders in the area of Child Justice.
- Through DCI-Uganda’s community awareness sessions, 11 communities with over 1’000 people reached.
TO BE ADDED