- Contact person: MS. EID Manal
- Address: Hamra, Cairo st, Adib Rbais bldg, Beirut Lebanon
- Phone 1: (+961) 70 62 24 57
- Phone 2: (+961 )03 39 63 03
- Email 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email 2: email@example.com
- Website: www.dci-Lebanon.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Defence-for-Children-International-Lebanon-435731166610241/
Fields of Intervention:
DCI-Lebanon was created in Lebanon in order to promote and defend children’s rights. Therefore, several actions are undertaken in the following priority issues:
- Juvenile Justice
- Education, information, and training on children’s rights and human rights in general
- Violence against Children
- Child Abuse
- Child Labour
- Access to education
Current Activities and Projects/Programmes:
Recently, DCI-Lebanon carried out inter alia the following projects:
- “Incredible Me” – Psychosocial support methodology
This initiative is based art therapy and aims towards building the resilience of children affected by violence and war. We are currently training 17 teachers and facilitators from MAP a Spanish INGO on implementing the “Incredible Me” methodology.
- Yoga and Language Support Project
Since March 2015 DCI-Lebanon has started a Yoga and language support project for the Syrian refugees. The project was evaluated in October of 2015 and the outcomes were very positive in terms of impact on improvement of attitudes towards others and decreased violence among children in addition to improved concentration and education performance.
- “Towards Education Improvement in Lebanon”
DCI-Lebanon conducted a research on education, “Towards Education Improvement in Lebanon” which was overseen by DCI in March 2015 by DCI-Lebanon’s educational advisor.
DCI-Lebanon was able to reach 4000 refugee children at different intervals with basic needs and basic nutrition including winter clothing, baby milk and food parcels .