- Contact person: MR. HELAL Hany (Director)
- Address: 36 El Boukhary St, 7th district, Nasr city, Cairo, Egypt
- Phone 1: +2 010 01 59 0943
- Phone 2: +2 010 19 42 0355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fields of Intervention:
DCI-Egypt was created in Egypt in order to promote and defend children’s rights. Therefore, several actions are undertaken in the following priority issues:
- Juvenile Justice
- Violence against children
- Education, information and training on children’s rights
Current Activities and Projects/Programmes:
In recent years, DCI-Egypt has carried out inter alia the following projects:
- Juvenile Justice Programme
DCI-Egypt is working on improving the national juvenile justice systems through various activities, such as:
- Supporting the implementation of an independent judicial body for children;
- Providing legal, social, and psychological support for children in conflict with the law and their families.
- The foundation succeeded in organizing 4 meetings for the children with the Constitution Drafting Committee and got approval for the proposal.
- Organising training workshops about alternative measures which raise the awareness of judges.
- Organising training workshops for 200 lawyers at the level of the republic which enable them to defend children’s rights.
- Issued 100 national Id card for children detained in punitive institution, El-marg through the implementation of a cooperation protocol between our foundation and the Penal institution.
- Providing health services for the children in the places of detention.
- Juvenile Justice Guidelines
- Guidelines for Social Workers on How to Deal with the Law
- Alternative Reports for the UNCRC
- Child Rights in Arab Countries