DCI – Central African Republic
Fields of Intervention:
- Juvenile Justice (minimum age of responsibility)
- Education, promotion, and defence of human rights, especially children’s rights
- Child participation
- Integration of refugee children in society
- Institutional Violence, including torture and ill-treatment
- Fight against the use of drugs
Current Activities and Projects/Programmes:
- Training workshops on the protection of children and women, on mediation and conflict resolution, on psychosocial assistance, etc;
- Awareness-raising campaigns (the celebration of the eighth anniversary of the CPDE-RCA and the commemoration of the Day of the African Child DCA);
- Sessions of educational lectures with children, adolescents and young people;
- Registration of unwed mothers for sewing and computer training sessions;
- Production of magazines (Voice of the Child of CAR) on Radio Linga FM 96.5 and participation in other radio programs;
- Professional trainings;
- Community meetings,
- Animation of child-friendly spaces,
- Referrals of victims of gender-based violence,
- Reunification of separated and unaccompanied children and children associated with armed forces and groups
- Registration and documentation of vulnerable children.
- Identification and assistance to children in conflict with the law
- Legal Clinic (listening and counselling centre)
Success Stories / Testimonials:
“I spent 3 years without my family. I was abducted and forced to take up arms. I lived in despair and fear. Today is like a dream, I just found my family thanks to you (CPDE / DEI RCA). I must be able to live a normal life. Thanks to you … »Josiane, 12 years old (ex EAFGA).
Annual Report for 2016
Rapport Annuel 2016 (French)
In pursuit of its objectives, CPDE-RCA (Centre for the Promotion and Defence of the Rights of the Child) carried out several activities during the financial year 2016. Apart from its own activities, the NGO CPDE-RCA also participated in the activities organized by other organizations in relation to its fields of intervention. This report provides information on the structure and functioning of the NGO CPDE-RCA and the activities carried out during the year 2016.
Report for the first half of 2017
Rapport Semestre 2017(French)
In the pursuit of its humanitarian actions in favour of vulnerable communities affected by the conflict and conflict-affected children in particular, in the first half of the current year, the Centre for the Promotion and Defence of the Rights of the Child (CPDE) has carried out a number of activities in line with its objectives. This report describes these activities.