Fields of Intervention:
DCI-Cameroon was created in Cameroon in order to promote and defend children’s rights. Therefore, several actions are undertaken in the following priority issues:
- Promotion of the Rights of the Child
- Juvenile Justice
- Violence against children
- Promotion of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Current Activities and Projects/Programmes:
In recent years, DCI-Cameroon has carried out inter alia the following projects:
- Capacity Building and Awareness-Raising Programme in Schools
Five sessions were organised in primary and secondary schools of Yaoundé. Children are taught about their rights, especially the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC). 4,349 pupils participated in these training sessions.
- Awareness-Raising for Juveniles in the Central Prison of Kondengui in Yaounde
DCI-Cameroon developed an intervention programme for juveniles, consisting of awareness-raising and socio-legal monitoring of children in detention. 114 juveniles were participating in this programme.
- Establishing an Consultative National Council of Children Against Violence Against Children
The Cameroonian Coalition of NGOs for the Rights of the Child (COCADE) established the council, appointed its members, and organised its official statutes. The General Assembly needed to be organised and several different capacity building activities were launched by the Council.
TO BE ADDED
TO BE ADDED