- Contact person: MR. LIWSKI Norberto
- Address: Pte Luis Sàenz Peña N°611, Buenos Aires
- Phone: (+5411) 4384 9174
- Phone 2: (+5411) 4381 4743
- Fax 1: (+5411) 4384 9174
- Fax 2: (+5411) 4381 4743
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fields of Intervention:
DCI-Argentina operates in Argentina for and with children, carrying out initiatives for the protection and promotion of rights in the following areas:
- Juvenile Justice
- Prevention and eradication of Child labour
- Capacity building in the public sector concerning human rights, especially the rights of the child
Current Activities and Projects/Programmes:
In recent years, DCI-Argentina has carried out inter alia the following projects:
- Regional Latin American Project for Juvenile Justice
The project has been underway for ten years now.
- Creation of a Latin American Observatory for Juvenile Justice
Data and other information are compiled in a database that covers the Latin American region.
- Collaboration with the Deputy Chamber of the Province of Buenos Aires
A database, consisting of follow-up indicators for the provincial legislation concerning the rights of the child and an analysis of the current legislation in terms of its harmonisation with the Convention on the Rights of the Child, was created. An index for adolescents called “La Adolescencia Midde” provides systematic information on adolescents in the following dimensions: demographics, health, education, participation, systems for the promotion and protection of child rights, violence, and Juvenile Justice. The database covers the entire province and all 135 municipalities.
- Capacity-Building and Awareness-Raising Campaigns
A series of activities to raise awareness and build capacities in the public sector and the judiciary are being carried out, focusing on the special need that children require when being in conflict with the law.
- Servicio Solidario de Orientacion Juridico Social - SSOJUS
A socio-legal help programme for children in conflict with the law.
The objectives are to:
- Provide legal counsel and professional technical support
- Defend and restore human rights
- Refer individuals to governmental and non-governmental institutions that can help children with legal or socio-psychological problems. This action promotes the optimisation of existing resources and the coordination of inter-institutional strategies.
TO BE ADDED