DCI-Argentina operates in Argentina for and with children, carrying out initiatives for the protection and promotion of rights in the following areas:
- Justice for Children – DCI-Argentina leads several programs and projects to promote child rights, as established in the international and national regulations. and advocates for the development of a child friendly justice in the region.
- Violence against children: DCI-Argentina monitors and registers cases of institutional violence against children, and prevents the reproduction of this kind violence
- Children deprived of liberty: Our National Section in Argentina provides assistance to children who are deprived of their liberty and works to ensure the respect of their human rights.
- Gender: In all its work, DCI involves the gender perspective, based on a comprehensive interdisciplinary scheme.
- Advocacy: Participation in forums and by means of single pronouncements against measures tending to the hardening of penalties. Dissemination of General Comment No. 24 of the Committee on the Rights of the Child Compilation of data on child justice matters, in order to be able to assess this issue and provide serious and reliable information for the development of public policies in this area.
- Prevention and eradication of Child labour
- Capacity building in the public sector concerning human rights, especially the rights of the child